I've had my first two rehearsals with the All Star Dancers (that's their official name now) and am so excited! I ended up taking 18 girls (which it was a really difficult decision). They've been working extremely hard for our upcoming performance at the Superintendent's State of the District Address next Wednesday. They're learning and perfecting a whole dance in a week and a half! I'm already so proud of them.
Next Wednesday also brings about the start of another audition- this time for the boys! If your son is interested in being on the All Star Crew, a hip hop squad for 4th and 5th grade boys, next week is his time to shine. On Wednesday after school, we will meet in the gym to learn a short combination. Then everyone will come back Thursday after school to review and audition in small groups. Both days we will be finished by 4:30.
I've had several guys ask me, "I've never danced before. Can I still tryout?" YES! If they're unsure, encourage them to come Wednesday and see how they do. If anyone decides it's just not for him, he does not have to audition in the small groups on Thursday. Hip hop is a lot about having a good sense of rhythm, not perfect technique. Oh, and the most important thing of all is to have FUN!
Loving my job!
-Miss King
hi mrs. king im estevan
ReplyDelete